We all have some level of anxiety, it is a feeling of apprehension, uncertainty and fear. We can feel it before interviews or when we are sitting exams. Anxiety is a means of survival; it triggers our fight flight response to stressful situations. It is impossible to live without some anxiety.
Some signs of Anxiety
- You worry about everyday life.
- You expect the worse to happen.
- The worrying is unrealistic and out of proportion.
- Your daily life and relationships are being affected.
Symptoms can include:
- Ongoing tension
- Rapid breathing
- Panic attacks
- Butterflies in the stomach
- Difficulties concentrating
- Trouble sleeping
Helping you understand where your anxiety originates can help you take some control of the situation. Psychotherapy/counselling helps you put things in perspective, make sense of the situation and understand your feelings. One of the more successful treatments for anxiety is talking……….. so pick up the phone know to help you begin a more relaxed way of life!
Doing something new may just be picking up the phone and making contact. Why not take that first step to a new self confidence now?